Friday 30 March 2012

"Not Convinced"

I could write another poem, but why

When I can’t think of too much more to say?

I point out facts, which you simply deny.

I start to write a poem, anyway -



Although I’m not sure who will want to read

My words. I have not put my pen down yet.

I don’t know if I should stop or proceed.

I want to talk about the "safety net"



That wasn’t there to catch me when I fell –

A so-called "care" system where no-one cares –

"Religious" types who’ve threatened me with "Hell" –

A generation of Karens and Claires,



Now in big houses with their One Point Two

Kids. I won’t get mine, and I feel cheated.

That might sound bitter, but I guess it’s true.

From the start, I could not have competed.



Does it need to be a competition?

Apparently it does. I’m not convinced.

Sick of my own themes – such repetition.

I had my chances, too? Still not convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment