Sunday 19 February 2012

"So Much Better When"

What if I cannot find a place for me?

To be a burden: Why would I want that?

If I let go, that's no-one's victory.

I just feel desperate: That's where I am at.

It's hard for anyone to understand.

It's not as if I truly would have planned



to chuck my life away - be childless -

with no career, either. No prospects.

Each aspect of my life is in a mess.

The psychiatric system just protects

the ones "they" see as valuable - of use.

I'm battered by a lifetime of abuse.



This is how it seems on my darkest days.

I pray and meditate. A sense of peace

returns to me once more, but never stays.

I wish that I could steam-iron every crease

inside my mind. I might feel better then -

or maybe I'll feel so much better when...

No comments:

Post a Comment